Friday, May 20, 2011

The New Cypher Wines Have Arrived!

What an exciting day! The first round of the new Cypher wines were released today. I'm thrilled as I've been waiting to try our new stainless steel Chardonnay and our stainless Grenache Blanc for what seems like forever now.

Here's SAM (one of the Cypher owners - Susan A. Mahler - long for SAM) bringing us the first delivery with Leanna and Mike helping her unload it.


Then we broke open the box to look at the new labels - here's our fabulous Tasting Room Manager, Nicole doing the perfect modeling shot with the bottles :)


Immediately we put the bottles on ice so that we could crack them open as soon as possible. I've been waiting for so long, must I wait more?


Then we cracked them open. The Grenache Blanc was so clean, crisp and light with beautiful fruit - perfect for a hot summer's day. A "Porch Pounder" as I call it :) The stainless Chardonnay is simply the best one that I have ever had - such amazing fruit for a Chard (keep in mind that I don't love chardonnay!) That's all because it's the best of the best fruit from the Cat Canyon Vineyard in Santa Barbara County. What's neat is that I got to taste the chard a long time ago while still in barrel. I pegged it then as the best stainless steel chard I've ever had - and it's so awesome to see that that's still the case!

To end this post, here's a photo of SAM & I doing "cheers" to the whites while somehow ending up on the floor. Now one might say, "Why on Earth were you on the floor?" Well, that's because that's the way SAM rolls. She doesn't do anything small - she always does what's the most fun. Who else would make me play Pictionary until 11pm at her house for my "interview" - i.e. if you don't play Pictionary well, you're not hired! And who else would make everyone play Twister after Christmas Eve dinner? I tried to hide in the corner until SAM spotted me and said, "YOU! We're on for a match." That was the night "Twisted Sisters" was born. It was too fun - I did all the crazy moves, SAM tried to save me from falling but to no avail, I crashed and burned on the colorful Twister dots. I definitely need to say a big "Thanks, SAM!" for making everything so much fun :)



Love to everyone at Cypher! The Cypher Evolution continues........

No comments:

Post a Comment