Saturday, May 7, 2011

Au Revoir, Kristie & CC!!

It is with a heavy heart that I have to say goodbye to two of my buddies from Cypher Winery: Kristie & CC. The countdown has been going on for a while now, but the time to say goodbye is finally here. So how to deal with the sadness and tears? Throw a heck of a party, of course! :)

My dear Kristie. The one who helped train me on my first day at Cypher. Literally, it was 10:35 on a Saturday morning with us opening at 11. Kristie started tasting me through the wines to train me for how to talk about everything. "Anarchy is the sassy sister of the Peasant" - oh the memories. But before she could even taste me through the whole lineup, the doors opened and I had to do it on my own. "Trial by fire" Cypher style. But I am so thankful to have worked with Kristie as she has a depth of knowledge about wine & soil that is mind blowing - including all the geek talk that makes me glaze over.... She'll be a success at whatever she does

Here's the glam girl - ice blue killer eyes, downing her beer at her good bye party. Off she leaves tomorrow to go to school to get her grad degree in the Sacramento area.  Look out Sacramento, here comes Kristie!!

Below she's displaying one of her famous dance moves made famous at Cypher and beyond. Check out the beer: not one drop spilled during her insane dance move. What expertise!


Then my cute CC - off to pursue a job in the San Luis Obispo area, being an assistant to some big wig. We are so excited for her in her new venture. Congrats, CC! I always felt lucky to be able to work with CC when I got a chance as she was mainly at the office. It was a treat for me when we crossed paths in the tasting room.

Here's my girl, looking all gorgeously tanned and relaxed - obviously this new job is already paying off for her :)



A ball was had by all at the party - lots of good food, wine & beer. A couple of fun shots to close out the post - Krsitie with her BFFs Katie and T from Cypher, and then the whole Cypher crew. 




Though the distance may be far apart between us, you will be forever in our hearts, Kristie & CC! I feel lucky to have been able to work with both of you. Kick ass, girls! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment