Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wine & Roosters

So I haven't mentioned this before, but I actually founded a rooster rescue organization (or as my friend Sam says - a "rooster hoarder" organization - she pisses me off as it is probably true!!) where I rescue roosters from humane societies, and then adopt them out to good homes. We find homes where the boys can be boyfriends to hens, but we also adopt out rooster only flocks so that they can be a sustainable pest control team for vineyards, orchards & ranches. In fact roosters have a long history with wine country - and you can find out more on my website: greenroosteralliance.org

The reason I'm blogging about this is that the most fabulous sommelier - Ali from 15 Degrees C in Templeton - just adopted two rooster boys for her hens! I am so excited that these boys found such a fabulous home. Apparently, they were born under a old washer on a farm as the folks didn't know that their hen was sitting on eggs. So one day a little clutch showed up, but the folks couldn't keep all of the roosters. So I took the two boys in, and now they found a home with Ali. It's one of those happy endings where the brothers grew up together and get along really well, so I am so glad they get to stay together, yet now they have their own girlfriends!!

Thanks, Ali! The cocks thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment