Thursday, April 21, 2011

Jamie & Pam

So last Tuesday when I was working at Cypher, a couple - Jamie & Pam - from Pennsylvania came in to wine taste. They were in the area for basically three days. So on day one, I met them. We chatted...all was great...and they took a bottle of the Peasant with them - which was a HUGE deal as they were only able to take a case back home with them on the airplane - so they were being darn picky! We also chatted about restaurants and other wineries in the area, so I recommended my other blog, "What's Hot in Paso" for them to look at. In fact, I think they were the first folks to see it!

Day #2. I'm working at "the other winery" (Robert Hall) when Pam and Jamie come in. It is SO great to see folks that you know - what a surprise for all of us!! We had a great time. I took them through the wine list - yada yada - but what I was thrilled about is that they took my advice on the restaurant they went to the night before and were so happy! So that made me happy :) On day #2, we were having so much fun and becoming good friends that I discussed meeting up on DAY #3!!! Here's where the fun starts.

So on day #3, my boyfriend, Dana and I met up with Pam and Jamie and we headed over to L'Aventure, a winery that I have been waiting eons to go to. Steffan (the owner/winemaker) had been tired of the limiting rules in France, and searched the world over to find the new location where he could grow grapes and make wine. He ended up choosing a location not too far off of 46W in Templeton/Paso which shows off how amazing our area is.

Kendall was such a dear, taking all of us through the wines. We got to meet Chandler too! He knows folks at Cypher Winery - such a small world!


We started with the rose - which I have been waiting forever to try! Really amazing. Bright, fresh grapefruit qualities within a dry rose. I literally cannot wait for the next hot day - I'm breaking this one open with seafood!

When I got to the Cote a Cote (GSM - 40 % Grenache, 40 % Syrah, 20% Mourvedre) I had to stop and take a breath. It was probably one of the best wines I have ever had in my life. Damn you, Steffan for making such a gorgeous wine that is worth every bit of the expensive price point! On a tasting room girl's salary, what is one to do??? "Will work for wine" might help :)

So here we are (all of us - Pam, Jamie, myself & my boyfriend Dana) outside of the L'Aventure tasting room:

Here we are, trying to capture more wine:


Onward we go, nothing will slow us down! Off we headed to Kenneth Volk Winery which is one of my absolute favorites in the area.

Kenneth Volk is an amazing winemaker who makes wines from obscure single varietals such as negrette and aliganico (say what?) Don't stress about it - just trust him. Believe me, it's ALL great wine.

We showed up to meet the sweetest goats and chickens. Kenneth Volk Winery is on the same property as Fat Cat Farms which is a nursery, but they also have farm animals - too fun!

When we finally left the goats to go to Kenneth Volk, I was thrilled to see that Tracie was pouring for us. Not only does Tracie work in the tasting room, but she is an amazing chef. Tracie really knows her stuff about the wines so based on that, I bet she's fabulous in the kitchen. Can't wait to try your cooking, girl!

So we tasted through a few of the the wines - whites, reds, all were fabulous - I of course had to walk away with the Verelho which is my favorite. But while I was getting ready to buy, Jamie and Pam jumped in to treat us to it. Awww, you guys! You're the best!! I feel so grateful to have met you - and am honored to be part of your Day #1, #2, and #3 in Paso. Too funny!


We're now "Best Facebook Friends Forever" - HA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment