Thursday, March 10, 2011

Windfall Farms Industry Event

Ok all - I don't mean to make you jealous but....... I was able to attend the Windfall Farms Industry Event that was held to showcase the new event center. Free food, free wine and the gorgeous setting - it was heaven on earth!! Thank you to Meegan Huff for organizing the event.

First off, Cass Winery was there with food & wine! Chef Jacob did an amazing job with crab cakes (my favorite), stuffed mushrooms and pork sliders - and that was just the beginning. Amazing food! - Great job to everyone at Cass!

Ali (pictured below) & Doug from 15 Degrees C in Templeton did the most gorgeous spread of meats, cheeses, red & white wines as well as cava my personal favorite!) Thank you, Ali! It was really quite gorgeous.



Then Kendall from Edward Sellers was there as well as Michelle from Thacher Winery. My personal favorites were the Mourvedre from Edwards Sellers & the "Controlled Chaos" from Thacher.

Then to top it off, my friend Kathy from All About Table Tops was there with beautiful table displays. Kathy & her husband Mike are phenomenal. Please remember how it is always nice to support a small local business.

Why was I there? To see the new event center as well as sample all the wines so that I have places, wineries & caterers to recommend out when people ask. Yeah, this is the "tough" side of the industry :)


Thanks all for the free food and wine! As you know, on a tasting room attendant's salary I'm always broke - so the free food & wine is much appreciated - HA! :)