Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Downside of ZinFest

So though ZinFest was a blast, I have to say how amazed I was that there were so many folks just out to get drunk, vs actually caring about the wine they were tasting. In fact I had one lady who would down her pour as though it were a shot, then slam the glass on the counter, ready to slam back the next pour. How can you taste ANYTHING when you do that?

I was surprised at myself - how kinda mad I got about this kind of behavior. I actually became protective of our wines; each one has such a beautiful story around it - and I felt that some people were disrespecting the wines by just plowing though the tasting experience.

But then there were those folks who came out in the chaos for some real wine tasting. Those who truly cared about the experience and wanted to learn all that they could. For these amazing folks - first of all I thank you! And beyond that I gave them our full "wine club" experience so that they could more fully understand what Cypher Winery is all about. I was just so grateful that they were actually listening to me vs. being ready to fall over from intoxication!

Oh, the dark side of this sexy industry. But we all know it's still well worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment